Online Vs. Traditional Accounting Degree
Online Accounting Degree
An online accounting degree is a distance education program that does not require your physical presence in the campus and you learn via the internet.
Traditional Accounting Degree
However, the traditional accounting degree is one in which you have to be on the campus.
Online Accounting Degree vs. Traditional Accounting Degree
The major differences between these two modes of education are:
- You can be anywhere on earth or travel continuously and still pursue your online degree.
- You can enroll for an online degree at any time around the year but that is not possible with a campus-based program.
- An online degree is highly flexible when compared to the campus programs. You get to choose your method and style of learning and time convenient for you to learn.
- The online program is so flexible that education wouldn’t play havoc on your home and job, as you can complete your assignments at your own time and pace.
- A traditional degree costs 3 to 4 times more than an online degree. So, online degrees are much cheaper.
- A traditional degree offers much more exposure to the students. You interact one to one with qualified and trained faculty and also with your peers. You attend seminars, guest lectures, participate in debates, competitions and all this moulds you in total. This is the main reason why recruiters prefer candidates with a campus degree rather than an online degree. This is also why an online degree holder needs to prove his worth in an organization before going further up the corporate ladder and commanding a better pay.
Both traditional accounting degree and online accounting degree have their merits and demerits. It is up to you to make a choice depending on your circumstances and expectations.